Many illness’ may not arise in the first place if we are eating the right diet. We all know prevention is better than cure. Epigenetics informs us that the environment including our diet has a major impact on our DNA and physiology. Having therapy but not doing anything about our nutrition is only going to have limited success. Here are some basic guide lines:
1) Have adequate amounts of vegetables, grains, legumes and fruits. Eat organically grown food whenever possible. Avoid artificial additives such as aspartame & MSG and reduce sugar consumption especially fructose. Consider food combining by not eating protein rich foods with starch rich foods and eating fruits own their own.
2) Drink 8 glasses of clean filtered water daily.
3) Ensure you get adequate vitamins and minerals from your diet and from a quality supplement. Use sea salt or himalayan salt instead of table salt. Deficiencies in vitamin D3, vitamin B12, magnesium, selenium and iodine for example are quite common.
4) Make sure you get the right balance of essential fatty acids (omega 3 & omega 6), consider for example hemp seed oil or flax seed oil.
5) Consider detoxification at regular intervals.